We made these delicious vegan pancakes for Mother’s Day this year. You can make a non-vegan version by substituting coconut milk with the same amount of milk. We used fresh mangoes since mangoes are in season. However, you can use canned or frozen mangoes. If you are in the United States, look for the sweeter Atulfo variety. If that is unavailable, any other variety of mangoes should work. These pancakes taste heavenly. We had three generations come together this Mother’s Day so this one was really special.
The recipe for our vegan pancakes is really simple and very delicious. The recipe makes about 8 fluffy pancakes without any eggs or butter. Make sure your griddle is hot but not too much. The way to tell if the griddle is hot is to sprinkle a little water on the griddle and if the water droplets do a little dance before evaporating, the griddle is ready to make some delicious pancakes. If the droplets evaporate without moving on the griddle, the griddle is too hot. You may want to turn off the stove and try again in a little bit.
If you like these vegan pancakes with whole wheat flour and mangoes, you may also like our whole wheat chocolate chip sourdough pancakes or our banana bread with whole wheat flour or these decadent eggless chocolate brownies.
Vegan Whole Wheat Mango Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chopped mangoes (about 2 medium Atulfo mangoes ¾ cup for batter and ¼ cup for garnishing)
- 1¼ – 1½ cups coconut milk or regular milk, or almond milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder optional (or use 1 tsp of vanilla)
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder optional
- 4 tbsp oil we use sesame+coconut+olive, 1:1:1
- Put your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.Add 3/4 cup of your chopped mangoes.
- Pour the oil in your ingredients.
- Stir in coconut milk or almond milk or regular milk (if you prefer). Add little at a time to make a pourable batter for pancakes.
- Heat your griddle on medium flame. We use cast iron but you can use any griddle of your choice. Make sure your griddle is hot enough. See text above.
- Brush a teaspoon of oil on the griddle.
- Spoon a ladleful of batter on the hot griddle.
- Cook on one side. Then flip to cook on the other side.
- Serve warm with mangoes. You can also drizzle some syrup but we like ours plain. They are pretty sweet 🙂
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only. Actual numbers may be different from those provided below. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.