Our vegan banana bread recipe is eggless and made without butter. It is made of whole wheat flour. It uses coconut milk but, if you are not vegan, you can substitute coconut milk with regular milk. I have added chocolate chips but you can skip them or add a vegan substitute. Same goes with walnuts, pecans or cashew nuts. It is a kid friendly recipe.
Typically, if you use whole wheat flour and no eggs, you may have noticed that banana bread can turn out very dry. Well, not this one. This is a really moist bread that goes well with evening tea or coffee or as a healthy snack for kids. Even the young and old will relish eating this banana bread.
This Vegan Banana Bread Recipe uses oil instead of butter and uses very ripe bananas. If you wish to add eggs, feel free to reduce the quantity of coconut milk and add 2 eggs. If your bananas are very sweet, you can reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe. So, judge the amount of sugar to be used based on the sweetness of bananas. Don’t over-mix the batter. Make sure to, however, mash the bananas really well. After adding the walnuts, fold them in gently instead of mixing vigorously.
The preparatory time is just 15 minutes and baking time is 35 to 45 minutes. The best trick to test your bread is: Insert the toothpick in the bread and if the toothpick comes out clean, the vegan banana bread is ready. Cherish the healthy eggless snack that’s moist, soft and delicious!
You may also like to explore our whole wheat sourdough pancakes without eggs recipes.
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- 4 bananas very ripe
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup coconut milk or milk
- ½ cup oil
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 inch vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 176°C.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and mix in sugar.
- Stir in vanilla, oil and coconut milk.
- Add whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in walnuts and mix.
- Pour into a bread pan or cake pan greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips (optional)
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.