This Watermelon Cake Recipe is deliciously divine. Watermelon is one of my favorites. This no egg, no flour and no sugar based cake is very unique. The recipe uses jaggery instead of sugar and semolina or rava instead of flour. Most international markets sell jaggery powder. Nuts are optional but they do add a nice bite to the cake. I prefer cashew nuts, however you may opt for any nuts of your choice.
If you like this recipe, you may explore my jackfruit dhondas recipe. Typically eaten as breakfast, the watermelon cake is also a healthy snack. Jaggery adds some minerals and vitamins to the dish. And the pink color from watermelon makes it very tempting. Semolina or rava used instead of the traditional all-purpose flours provides a good texture to the cake. A small amount of ghee replaces unsalted butter.The alternate ingredients used in the recipe, makes this cake surely a healthy breakfast option or even a snack or a side desert. Explore this Watermelon Cake Recipe and make the cake a day in advance for a nice lazy weekend breakfast or a tea-time snack.
Watermelon Cake Recipe
- 1 cup rava or semolina
- 2 tsp ghee
- 2 cups watermelon juice made fresh
- 1/4 cup jaggery adjust sweetness to your taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 handful cashewnuts
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Roast rava in ghee until it is slightly brown and aromatic. Set it aside.
- In a container bring watermelon juice to a boil.
- Add salt and jaggery and stir until it is combined.
- Stir in the roasted rava and stir well until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add cardamom powder and nuts.
- When the mixture is thick enough, start leveling it with the back of a spoon.
- Cover the vessel and place in on top of a thick tava or griddle on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Cool the cake, cut it and enjoy.
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only. Actual numbers may be different from those provided below. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Happy Feeding and Eating!
Check out my new stock market course on YouTube.
6 thoughts on “Watermelon Cake Recipe”
Was honestly a real healthy option for my little one. Thanks for a great and unique recipe.
Yum! It never occurred to me to use watermelon juice in baking. I love watermelon, so now I’m inspired to try it. Thanks so much for sharing your yummy recipe!
It’s hard to find sugar-free, flour-free recipes that taste so good – thank you!!
This looks SO fascinating! I’ve never made a watermelon cake before!!
This looks so amazing! I would love to try this! Thanks a lot for sharing!
What a great idea and great recipe! Thanks for sharing.