This delicious vegetarian white sauce pizza is an adapted version of the peach gorgonzola pizza we tried at a local pizzeria. We used apples instead of peaches in our recipe. This pizza uses homemade white sauce with herbs, arugula and a balsamic reduction. We also used our homemade pizza dough for a delicious crust. The flavors are a medley of sweet from apples, sour from the lemon pepper seasoning, and bitter from the arugula.
You can use store-bought white sauce of make your own using our 5-minute pizza sauce recipe. This can be made a day ahead to save time. We also bulk freeze our pizza dough and thaw it a few hours before using in any recipe. We used sliced red onions to top the pizza but this is an optional ingredient.
A secret ingredient to make the crust even more delicious is to use lemon pepper seasoning. After your pizza has been assembled, brush the crust with a little olive oil and press some lemon pepper seasoning for a tasty crust. Feel free to use your favorite seasoning or skip it all together.
After the pizza bakes, top it with arugula and some balsamic reduction. It is very simple to make the reduction. Simply simmer balsamic vinegar in a saucepan until it reaches a syrupy consistency. Drizzle it over the pizza and enjoy the pizza with a glass of wine.
If you like this recipe, please don’t forget to check out our other recipes on this website and don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
White Sauce Apple Gorgonzola Vegetarian pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough homemade or store-bought
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white sauce
- ¼ apple sliced
- ¼ small red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp gorgonzola cheese
- arugula fresh
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar reduction
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning or any seasoning of choice optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 180°C.
- Flour your work surface and roll the dough to form a base for pizza.
- Poke holes with a fork.
- Brush generously with olive oil.
- Spread white sauce on the base and top with apple and onion slices.
- Sprinkle some gorgonzola cheese or any blue cheese.
- Brush the crust with olive oil and press some seasoning for a delicious crust (optional)
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the crust browns a little.
- Once the pizza is baked, top it with fresh arugula leaves and drizzle some balsamic vinegar reduction.