Fresh great tasting pizza starts with the freshest dough with the fresh ingredients. Read along to learn the best pizza dough recipe in a bread machine.
Ever since I bought my Zojirushi bread machine, I have been making all kinds of breads and doughs in it. I can’t believe that I didn’t make this purchase earlier. The pizzas from your regular pizza chains are no match for the pizza made using dough from this recipe.
Check out all of our delicious bread recipes here. Also, check out my youtube channel and subscribe to it to receive updates on new recipes.
This recipe can be easily doubled. The given recipe makes dough enough for two 12 inch regular pizzas or four 12″ thin crust pizzas. You can freeze the dough in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 2 months. However, I guarantee you that it won’t last that long. You will be making and eating delicious fresh pizzas at home, even on weeknights. Add your favorite sauce, cheese and toppings and bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese bubbles and crust browns.
Important tips when making homemade pizza dough
- Use quality bread flour. This makes all the difference in your taste.
- Use active dry yeast. I buy my yeast in bulk from Amazon. Make sure to test it first. You don’t have to do it each time. Just do it once before using it the first time. Put 1/2 a teaspoon in a cup of warm water with 1 teaspoon of sugar in it. Keep it aside for 20 minutes. If you see bubbles in it, that means the yeast is active and can be used.
- Use extra virgin olive oil. The olive oil really enhances the taste.
- The original recipe asked for more sugar. Personally, I don’t like a lot of sugar in my bread or pizza so I reduced the quantity. The taste of the pizza was still amazing.
Best Homemade Bread Machine Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp yeast
- In your Zojirushi bread machine bread pan, add water and olive oil.
- Then add the bread flour, sugar and salt.
- Make a little well in the flour.
- Add active dry yeast so that it doesn't come in contact with the water.
- Select the regular dough course.
- If needed, select completion time to delay the start of dough making process.
- In about 2 hours, your dough will be ready to make fresh pizzas at home.
- This recipe makes dough enough for 2 regular 12″ pizzas or 4 thin crust 12″ pizzas.
- Pizza dough can be frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight bag.
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only. Actual numbers may be different from those provided below. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy this bread recipe and these delicious Indian rolls.
19 thoughts on “The Best Pizza Dough Recipe in a Bread Machine”
love the ease of this recipe!
Fresh pizza dough is so much better. I always forget how simple it can be!
Nothing like homemade dough! love this!
Jonesing for pizza tonight? Use this dough for your crust!
Homemade bread is really the best!! It was a huge hit at my house! So easy to make, too!
Terrific bread recipe. Nothing beats warm, soft, homemade bread.
Thanks for the great bread machine pizza dough recipe. It was so easy and it turned out great!
Homemade pizza dough is always best thing.
Wow! Thanks so much for this recipe! We love pizza nights!
Home is really hard to manage , am always fail to preapare the home dough .
Thank you so much for making this post .
I used Red Star Instant sour dougjh yeast! It was yummy and the kids all made their own little pizzas and loved them! Great pizza party. They loved making their own pizza!
Thank you Roma! I am so glad your kids loved the pizza. My daughter and I often make pizza at home and she loves making her own pie.
I dont have active dry yeast, but I do have bread machine yeast. Will that be ok to use in this recipe?
That should work as well.
There are no instructions for how long or at what temperature this pizza dough should be cooked? Any suggestions? Thanks!
About 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees with any topping. Try my apple gorgonzola pizza.
Can I really double the recipe? Having people over on Sat and need 2 recipes worth for our big pizza pans. Thank you!
Yes you can!