My homemade white bread in a bread machine is super popular but I was getting a lot of requests for vegan options. So, I created this Vegan Machine Bread Recipe.
I use the Zojirushi bread machine but you are free to use any bread machine. Just check the manual for specific instructions. The great thing about the Zojirushi Virtuoso is that it has two kneading blades. This feature allows for the dough to mix evenly and the bread to come out more even instead of tall on one side and short on the other. I have also never seen any unbaked flour in the bread pan with this machine.
Note that the only difference between the vegan machine bread recipe and my regular white bread recipe is that this recipe skips the milk powder and the olive oil replaces butter. I noticed no noticeable difference in the taste, texture or softness of the bread. The vegan bread was just as delicious 🙂
Further, this recipe uses active dry yeast, sugar, salt, water, bread flour and olive oil. If you haven’t baked with your yeast, make sure to test it first. You only need to do this once with any batch of yeast. Take half a teaspoon of yeast and soak it in a quarter cup of warm (not hot) water with a pinch of sugar. If the yeast mixture turns frothy in about 15-20 minutes, you are good to go. If not, toss it and buy a fresh batch of yeast. I usually bulk buy my yeast on Amazon.
If you like this recipe, do check out our delicious breads in the bread section.
For more Delicious, Easy and Quick recipes and their tips kindly do subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow my Facebook page.
Vegan Machine Bread Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 4-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- Please follow instructions for your bread machine. I have listed instructions for the Zojirushi Virtuoso bread machine.
- Add water, and olive oil to the loaf pan of the bread machine.
- Add the flour and make a little well for other ingredients.
- Add salt, sugar, and yeast.
- Turn on the bread machine. Select your course. I selected the basic white course with medium crust.
- You can immediately bake your bread or select the time on when you would like your bread.
- Once your bread is ready, remove it from the pan and cool on a cooling rack.
- Slice and enjoy your bread.
- Please don't pre-slice your bread if you don't plan to consume it immediately. That may cause your bread to dry.
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only. Actual numbers may be different from those provided below. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Happy Feeding! Happy Eating!
1 thought on “Vegan Machine Bread Recipe”
Vegan bread recipes are not easy to come by, so thank you for this terrific recipe.