Paan Laadu Recipe is an easy desert with betel leaves, coconut and condensed milk. It’s my go-to desert recipe when I have no time for elaborate cooking. It is easy, quick and yet delicious recipe. The preparation time is just 10 minutes. Further, the laadus are ready to eat and serve in less than just 10 more minutes.
Betel leaves are rich in vitamins like vitamin C, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin and carotene and are a great source of calcium. On the other hand, even gulkand has its own medicinal benefits. You may easily find gulkand in any local store.
Gulkand is used as a stuffing for this paan laadu recipe. As a result, the aroma and taste is that of the perfect Indian Meetha Paan. It can be stored upto a week. The most important tip is to roll the readied laadus in powdered coconut so that the laadus gets the desired dryness. Garnish the laadus with a piece of cashew nut or sweetened red cherry. All you have is the perfect desert that you would surely not stop cherishing at just one!
Paan Laadu Recipe
- Blend the betel leaves in condensed milk and set aside. Condensed milk will turn a beautiful green
- Roast the coconut powder for cooking in ghee for a couple of minutes
- Add the green condensed milk to the pan. Stir till the mixture thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan
- Roll a small portion of the mixture and make it into a ball. Press it to make a little disc and fill in some delicious gulkand
- Press Press the edges together into a little gulkand filled ball. Roll this ball in powdered coconut
- Optional: Garnish with a single cashewnut
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only. Actual numbers may be different from those provided below. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Happy Feeding and Eating!