This hot and sweet instant lemon pickle is super easy to make and you don’t have to wait for summer to make it. It takes about 10 minutes and is super delicious. You have to store this pickle in the refrigerator since it has water.
This instant lemon pickle lasts in a refrigerator for a couple of hours. If you want to store pickle for long, try our hot lemon pickle. And if you love pickles, you should definitely check out our whole red chili pickle.
Last fall, my dear friend’s aunt, Manda maushi, visited her from India. She made this quick and easy pickle and was very kind to share her recipe with me. I couldn’t believe how easy this pickle is! And the taste is amazing. Try it with yogurt rice and you will know exactly what I am talking about!
Here are the steps:
- Pressure cook lemons
- Cut them into bite-sized pieces
- Remove seeds – this step is important!
- Add spices, jaggery and water used for cooking lemons.
- Mix and enjoy!
If you have ready pickle masala (K-Pra brand is recommended) then feel free to use it instead of the spices we listed. Add additional red chili powder and salt as needed. It will make this instant pickle recipe even less time-consuming.
Hot and Sweet Instant Lemon Pickle
- 4 Meyer lemons large and firm
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp red chili powder adjust per taste
- 1 tbsp salt
- ⅛ tsp methi or fenugreek seeds ground
- ⅛ tsp hing or asafoetida
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup jaggery grated
- Pressure cook the lemons until soft and mushy(4-5 whistles)
- After pressure releases naturally, cut lemons(while still hot) into bite-sized pieces and remove seeds.
- Transfer cut lemons in a bowl.
- Add red chili powder, salt, fenugreek powder, asafoetida, jaggery, and sugar.
- Stir to dissolved jaggery.
- Add water used for cooking lemons and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 months.
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only. Actual numbers may be different from those provided below. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
2 thoughts on “Hot and Sweet Instant Lemon Pickle Recipe”
What a terrific hot and sweet lemon pickle recipe.
I love using my Instant Pot for main dishes, but haven’t used it for sauces or condiments. Thank for for introducing me to a delicious recipe.