These chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make. I go through a few batches during holiday season. My family loves these and think that they are the world’s best cookies. They are also perfect to make with your little and thereby build memories while making chocolate chip cookies.
Mix these cookies in a stand mixer but you can use a hand mixer as well. I prefer the stand mixer since it makes job easy. No special ingredients required. I follow the exact directions in the recipe to yield perfect chocolate chip cookies every single time. Here are a few tips you can follow:
- Make sure butter is at room temperature.
- Try to use good quality chocolate chips or chunks. You could also use a cut up bar of semi-sweet chocolate.
- Don’t forget to add that teaspoon of salt. If you skip it, you’ll notice the difference in taste.
- Use extract from a vanilla bean because it makes the cookies smell heavenly. You may buy it from Costco. Else, you may use a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- I also recommend chilling the dough for a half hour otherwise the cookies will spread more and become crunchy instead of chewy. Don’t chill too much. Make sure to flatten the dough balls a little when you lay them on a cookie sheet.
- Don’t over-bake these chocolate chip cookies. When the cookies are out of the oven, they will be soft to touch. But don’t worry; this is normal. When you leave them out to cool, the outside will get crispy and leave the inside soft and gooey.
Do you love cooking? If Yes, then you should definitely Stay tuned to stunning recipes by liking our Facebook page and subscribing to our YouTube channel
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 inches vanilla bean or tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs large
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. You may substitute vanilla essence for vanilla bean.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda slowly and beat until combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to another bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for a half hour.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out little balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten the dough balls slightly.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 12 minutes or until the cookies are ready.
- Baking times may vary.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack.
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only. Actual numbers may be different from those provided below. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Click here for the best snowball cookie recipe.