Lamb Keema Recipe or Ground Lamb Recipe is a simple and quick dish for weeknight dinners. Above all, it tastes super delicious. Sometimes, I add some cubed potatoes and peas for added flavor. You can use this recipe to make other wonderful delights such as lamb keema parathas, keema samosas, or keema puffs. Kids, young and old.. everyone love biting on these keema puffs.
If you are using this minced lamb recipe as a base for other recipes than please don’t forget to remove whole spices from the mix after cooking. I personally don’t prefer biting into whole spices. You can retain the whole spices for keema samosas, if you wish to.
This ground lamb tastes great with roti, rice or bread. Although an easy recipe to make, this is an instant hit with the family. You may even garnish the readied dish with some finally chopped green chilis to give it a spicy kick. Use the leftover keema to make stuffed parathas or keema puffs. This Lamb Keema Recipe freezes well for upto 2 months.
Optionally you can mix up the dry lamb keema with authentic goan curry masala for a fusion. It goes well with rice or roti (flat breads).
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cubed potato small
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 chopped onion small
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 whole peppercorns
- 5 whole cardamom
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (curry powder)
- 1/2 tsp cumin & coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 lemon juiced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp salt (or add to taste)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add bay leaf, peppercorns, cinnamon and cardamom to the hot oil and saute.
- Add chopped onions and saute till they turn brown.
- Add turmeric, garam masala, cumin and coriander powder, and salt.
- Add the ground lamb and cook on high while stirring.
- Cover with a lid and cook.
- Add peas and potatoes and cook covered.
- Add grated garlic and stir.
- Add juice from 1/4th of a lemon.
- Add red chili powder if you prefer.
- Finally add chopped cilantro.
- Lamb keema is ready to serve or use in other recipes.
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only. Actual numbers may be different from those provided below. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.